Saturday, 23 February 2013

A couple of things before I go...

I made this myself!
Yes, I'm off on my travels again! But meanwhile, I want to flag up a couple of groovy things:

1.
The Wirral Festival of Firsts Open Poetry Competition is now accepting entries with yours truly administrating the process. Proceeds are in aid of Claire House children's hospice and  the deadline is 1st June.

2
In the course of publicising it I came across Morgen Bailey's blog which offers an extraordinary range of useful stuff for writers including her writing competition calendar, lists of publications looking for submissions, literary events, writing tips and forums - highly recommended.

3
If you like your fiction short and fast, check out Smokelong Quarterly's 40-word stories competition  which closes 28 February. I enjoyed reading the entries (which are posted as comments on their blog) and added my own a day or two ago.

So where am I off to? Africa!  I'll be gone by the time you read this.

Not, sadly, a high-end safari in the parks of Tanzania, nor communing with Gorillas in the Rift, but an entry level foray to a beach resort in The Gambia.  I shall almost certainly be incommunicado for the next few weeks, but not necessarily...

Hello?  Can I order a crocodile sandwich - and make it snappy!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention (and recommendation), Clare.

    Morgen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do yοu mind if I quote а feω of yοuг ρosts аs long аѕ
    I pгοviԁe cгeԁіt and ѕοurces bacκ to your webpage?
    Мy blоg sіte іѕ in the exact same
    niche aѕ yourѕ and my vіѕitοгѕ ωoulԁ certainly benefіt fгom a lot οf the
    informаtion уou pгeѕent heгe.
    Ρleaѕе let mе knoω if this ok with уou.
    Cheeгѕ! Www.Tinnitus411.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's remarkable to go to see this web site and reading the views of all mates concerning this post, while I am also keen of getting familiarity. Facts You are able to Use About Tinnitus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ηі there, I enjoу reading аll of уouг artiсle.
    I lіke to writе a little comment to suppoгt you.
    tinnitus
    My web page: tinnitus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thіs iѕ my 1ѕt cοmment here so I just wanted to give a quiсk shout out and sаy I genuinelу enjоy reаding
    yοuг artісles. Cаn yοu reсommenԁ any othеr
    blogs/webѕіteѕ/forums that go ovеr the same ѕubjects?
    Thanks a lot! Ringing Inside the Ears Remedy plans - They are Your Selections

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the irony of the fact that I can see four spam comments about tinnitus and you can't hear a thing because you're in Africa. Anyway, hope you had a fab time. You've been warmer than us, that's for sure.... Thanks for the link to the writers' blog.

    ReplyDelete