Thursday, 19 December 2013

Poo and Christmas

I have written before about the alarming preponderance of books about underpants and farting for children these days. We're up to our bums in them in the children's library.

It gets worse. 

Now it appears that those naughty,naughty boys from McFly are responsible for the season's top kids book: The Dinosaur That Pooped Christmas. Perfectly respectable reviewers rate it highly, and I have to say the rhymes, while unpleasantly scatological, are rather good. Here's my colleague Carl, aka Grandpa Joe, reading parts of it and giving his own, always disturbing views...

This all 'hark's back to South Park's Mr Hankey The Christmas Poo, which includes the classic lyrics: 'a present from down below... he's seen the love inside of you'.

Harmless yuletide fun in those days, maybe, but since then I have come to know a real life Mr Hankey. He's a very sweet and smiley old fella, so please don't show him this...:

7 comments:

  1. I have a sneaky suspicion that the adults like the idea of all this poo stuff more than the kids enjoy the reality. Last weekend, I was reading a book about pirates' pants to my three year old grandson. It was a ridiculous book (not in a good way) and my grandson only likes it because of the pirates. The pants part totally passes him by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really studied whether it's the children or the adults who are doing the choosing here!

      Delete
  2. Adds an entirely different meaning to 'happy ending', I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're just going through the motions

      Delete
  3. How appropriate that poo should attract lots of McFlies. Similarly, as we all know, poo's existential journey goes only in One Direction.

    Happy Christmas.

    QW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have you down as a follower of boy bands, Q. I'd have thought the Small Faeces were more your era.

      ahem

      Delete
  4. Sorry folks, the two embedded videos appear to have disembedded themselves, making my text even more meaningless than usual. They're back - and they're horrid!!

    ReplyDelete