Wednesday 5 October 2011

Time Travel - ahhh, it takes you back

I need to go back in time for this... I was going to post this just before the Doctor Who series finale, but then I missed bits and ended up watching it all on iPlayer, so in my reality we haven't got to the end yet... and we're looking forward to a heatwave... and I am all the characters in a fictitious version of somebody else's life.

Confused? You may find Army of Dave's Guide to Time Travel useful.

I rarely know exactly what's going on in this sort of programme as I spend most of the time muttering darkly about anomalies in the plot. I've enjoyed the re-invention of the Doctor so I should swerve around the plot holes (they're nowhere near as bad as the dreadful latest Torchwood... don't start me on that). It's all tosh after all... and yet I still have unsettling memories of the old Doctor Who, especially that episode where giant slugs squeezed through mines eating people. Urgh.

But anyway - here's what I wanted to share - Bill Bailey's Belgian jazz version of the Doctor Who theme tune... "c'est lui, dans la nuit... Docteur ...Qui!" I heard this when he first did it and have been quoting it to people for eons so was delighted to find it on YouTube. Enjoy...

3 comments:

  1. Dr Who has never been the same since it moved into colour.

    Bill Bailey reminds me of me so much it's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell out love with Dr Who somewhere mid-Tom Baker, although Matt Smith might cut the mustard with a decent script.

    Not a fan of Bill Bailey, either, but this clip made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So disappointed in the writing for this series of Doctor Who - occasional moments of brilliance, ruined by stupid plot twists. Even the James Cordon episode didn't rescue it.
    And as for Torchwood - it's a good job I've got the box set: that's all I have to say!
    (The Bill Bailey clip is genius!)

    ReplyDelete