I always get a bit contemplative this time of year. I suddenly cease to be any fun at parties, preferring to dwell on the year past and
1. I got a job as a library assistant. It's the sort of job I'd have liked on leaving school. If that had happened I'd probably still be there and there's no counting the adventures I wouldn't have had. But it's kind of nice to be doing it now - far less stressful than some of my other recent incarnations!
3. Coming second in THREE poetry slams - Liverpool Most Romantic Poet, Liverpool Glam Slam, and the far less glamorous Morton Arms Poetry Competition
4. Learning to cope with the anxiety which has affected me badly over the last few years. From having a panic attack during a yoga relaxation session back in February to...
5. ...celebrating my 200th live poetry performance a few weeks ago (since my first open mic in 2003)
6. A very enjoyable fortnight in Madeira!
8. Earning a total of £287 from writing/performing... *sigh*...must try harder.
9. Many visits to Scotland. Not for nice reasons, but it was good to get to know it a bit better.
10. Arriving at the turn of this year better equipped than at the turn of the last - materially (better gadgets etc) but also emotionally.
What have been the highlights of 2011 for YOU?