So for a bit of fun, I've chosen to list, and then undermine, some classics.
1. "In space no-one can hear you scream"... but they can if you do it in Tesco. (Alien)
2. "I'll be back!" ... I left my shoes and socks here. (Terminator)
3. "I AM your father" ... and if you don't stop this minute, there'll be no Christmas (actual quote from my dad) (Star Wars IV)
4. "Feast your Eyes! Glut your soul on my accursed ugliness!” ...oh, I know, I'll just stick this comedy flower in front of my face. (Phantom the Opera 1925)
5. "It's alive! It's alive!" ... Does it want a cup of tea? (Frankenstein)
6. "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti" ... and my farts smelled of census forms for days afterwards (The Silence of the Lambs... or, as it's known in Liverpool, Shut Up Ewes)
7. "I only drink blood" ... but if you insist on the white, I'll have a couple of glasses anyway (Dracula)
8."Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make"... Turn the bloody noise down - don't you know what time it is! (ibid... ooh, I always wanted to say that!)
9. "One, two, Freddy's coming for you"... three four repeat after me: 'It's only a movie, it's only a movie!' (Nightmare on Elm Street)
10. "The box. You opened it. We came." ...mmm, Crunchy Nut. (Hellraiser)
OK, two questions:
a) Any more for any more? Feel free to join in!
b) How long will if be before I get 'Tesco Alien' amongst the keyword searches that bring people stumbling to this blog?